Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AVIW3011, 'Defuel aircraft'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Defuel aircraft' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Conduct pre-operational checks on defueller vehicle and auxillary equipment
Personal protective equipment is selected and used in accordance with workplace procedures
Hazards are identified, risks are assessed and hazard management is implemented
Reason for defuelling and quantity of fuel to be defuelled is confirmed
Type of aircraft and requirement for overwing or underwing operation is confirmed
Pre-operational checks on vehicle and auxiliary equipment are made
Ullage in defuelling vehicle or auxillary equipment is checked
Position defueller vehicle
Defuelling vehicle is moved airside or landside to aircraft
Aircraft is approached after checks are made to confirm aircraft engines have stopped and aircraft wheel chocks are in place
Vehicle is positioned either underwing or standoff, depending on aircraft type
Appropriate precautions are taken to avoid risk of collision with aircraft control surfaces, aircraft engines and other vehicles
Defueller vehicle is parked in a position that provides easiest route for evacuation in an emergency
Conduct quality checks on product
Required documentation is obtained from airline engineer/representative
Sample of product on board aircraft is obtained and visual quality checks are made in accordance with workplace procedures
Defuelling operations are initiated in response to satisfactory fuel quality checks
Defuelling operations are initiated into contingency storage areas for further processing in response to unsatisfactory fuel quality checks
Vehicle is grounded and bonding lead is connected to aircraft
Defuelling safety precautions are implemented prior to commencement of operations
Defuelling operations are commenced either using auxiliary power unit (APU) or ground power unit (GPU)
Quantity defuelled on completion is verified in accordance with workplace procedures
Complete post-defuelling operations
Hoses are disconnected, retracted and stowed
Fuel confirmed as acceptable for return to storage is discharged into designated segregated storage tank or retained in fueller for ongoing supply operations
Fuel identified as contaminated is disposed of in accordance with workplace procedures and regulatory requirements
Fueller used to transfer contaminated fuel is de-contaminated
Hard copy documentation and paperwork is completed as required and airline representativeâ€™s signature is obtained
Electronic fuel management systems are used to report, record and verify refuel operations