Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AVIW3037A, 'Manage remote pilot aircraft systems (RPAS) pre- and post-flight actions'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage remote pilot aircraft systems (RPAS) pre- and post-flight actions' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Complete pre- and post-flight administration
Pre- and post-flight planning and documentation is completed in accordance with regulatory requirements, OEM operating documents and/or operations manual
Remote aircraft weight and balance is confirmed as applicable
Pre- and post-flight maintenance release (Flight Technical Log) and flight administration is completed in accordance with operations manual
RPAS serviceability is determined by approved maintenance inspection; certification of inspection for maintenance release (Flight and Technical Log) is completed in accordance with operations manual
Perform pre- and post-flight actions/ inspection
Equipment and documentation is identified and carried according to regulatory requirements
Internal and external checks are completed in accordance with approved checklist
RPAS is secured in accordance with manufacturers specifications and organisational procedures
Perform and record pre-flight inspection
Pre-flight inspection of RPAS is performed in accordance with OEM documentation and operations manual
Appropriate actions are undertaken to rectify discrepancies and recorded
Pre-flight inspection is recorded in accordance with operations manual