Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AVIY4063A, 'Perform close formation flight'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Perform close formation flight' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1Fly close formation
1.1 Specified echelon formation stations are maintained during flight manoeuvres and phases
1.2 Specified line astern formation station is maintained during aircraft flight manoeuvres and phases
1.3 Balanced flight is maintained
1.4 Clear and concise radiotelephony phraseology or hand signals are utilised to ensure precise advice to formation lead and other formation aircraft
2Perform station changes
2.1 Aircraft is manoeuvred safely to specified alternative formation stations during flight manoeuvres as per briefed sequence and/or lead's direction
2.2 Clearance with other formation aircraft is maintained
2.3 Formation lead changes are conducted as required
3Perform breakaway and rejoin
3.1 Loss of contact with formation or any other requirement to break away is recognised
3.2 Break away from the formation is implemented
3.3 Formation is rejoined at specified stations
4Manage abnormal and emergency situations during formation flight
4.1 Control of aircraft is maintained
4.2 Abnormal or emergency situations are managed in accordance with standard operating procedures or Flight Manual/Pilot's Operating Handbook