Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BCGSV5014A, 'Apply building surveying procedures to residential buildings'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Apply building surveying procedures to residential buildings' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Evaluate documents submitted with an application for building approval
Plans, specifications and structural drawings for residential buildings are evaluated for compliance to building application process
Application/proposal is evaluated against legislative requirements
Components of the application requiring referral to other agencies/departments are identified and forwarded
Common faults with application are identified, noted and reported to relevant parties
Notice of decision, approval, conditional approval or refusal is drafted and processed according to workplace procedures
Carry out inspections at various stages of building work
Compliance of building work is checked according to schedule or at discretion and reports prepared promptly for the appropriate parties
Written notices for non-complying work with a full explanation and any remedial action specified are prepared and processed according to workplace procedures
Follow up inspections are conducted at a suitable time to check rectified work without disruption building progress
Meetings are conducted with the stakeholders, taking notes, minutes and responding as required
Prepare reports on various building types
Analyses of residential buildings are prepared and advised
Suitability of existing buildings are inspected and reported prior to purchase for proposed use and requirements
Existing buildings are inspected for safety and reports completed
Outcome of construction work prior to occupancy is inspected and reported on
Determine the compliance of building services with respect to building legislation
Compliance of building services with building legislation is inspected and reported on prior to occupancy
Legislative requirements are interpreted and applied
Common faults with building services are identified, researched and processed according to workplace procedures.