Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBADM408A, 'Prepare financial reports'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Prepare financial reports' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Maintain asset register
A register of property, plant and equipment is prepared from fixed asset transactions in accordance with organisational policy and procedures
Method of calculating depreciation is determined in accordance with organisational requirements
Asset register and associated depreciation schedule are maintained in accordance with organisational policy and procedures and accounting requirements
Record general journal entries for balance day adjustments
Depreciation of non-current assets and disposal of fixed assets are recorded in accordance with organisational policy and procedures
Expense and revenue accounts are adjusted for prepayments and accruals in accordance organisational policy and procedures and accounting requirements
Bad and doubtful debts are recorded in accordance with organisational policy and procedures and accounting requirements
Ledger accounts are adjusted for inventories, if required, and transferred to final accounts in accordance with organisational policy and procedures and accounting requirements
Prepare final general ledger accounts
General journal entries for balance day adjustments are entered in general ledger system in accordance with organisational policy and procedures and accounting requirements
Revenue and expense account balances are posted to final general ledger accounts system in accordance with organisational policy and procedures and accounting requirements
Final general ledger accounts are prepared to reflect gross and net profits for reporting period in accordance with organisational policy and procedures and accounting requirements
Prepare end-of-period financial reports
Revenue statement is prepared in accordance with organisational requirements to reflect operating profit for reporting period
Balance sheet is prepared in accordance with organisational requirements to reflect financial position of business at end of reporting period
Errors are identified and corrected, or referred for resolution in accordance with organisational policy and procedures