Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBADM504B, 'Plan or review administrative systems'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Plan or review administrative systems' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Plan or review administration systems
1.1. Identify requirements of, or modifications to, administration system through consultation with system users and other stakeholders in accordance with organisational and budgetary requirements
1.2. Obtain quotations from suppliers/developers of system in accordance with organisational policy and procedures
1.3. Make selection of supplier or developer in accordance with organisational policy and procedures
2. Implement new or modified administration system
2.1. Identify and develop implementation strategies in consultation with staff
2.2. Encourage staff to participate in all stages of the implementation process
2.3. Implement system in accordance with organisational requirements
2.4. Define and communicate procedures for using the system to staff
2.5. Provide training and support for staff on the use of the new or modified system
2.6. Deal with contingencies to ensure minimal impact on users
3. Monitor administration system
3.1. Monitor system for usage, security and output in accordance with organisational requirements
3.2. Modify system to meet changing needs in accordance with organisational requirements
3.3. Clearly identify further modifications and notify users
3.4. Monitor staff training needs and train new staff on administration system