Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBADV601A, 'Create an advertising brief'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Create an advertising brief' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Determine advertiser requirements
Advertising purpose and objectives are confirmed with the advertiser
Comprehensive client and product information is obtained
The outcomes of previous advertising are reviewed with the client
Budget allocation is confirmed with the client
Develop an advertising brief
The brief contains a client profile, together with a purpose statement and objectives that reflect advertiser needs
Advertising objectives are stated in measurable terms and provide specific guidelines on what is to be accomplished by the advertising
Key characteristics, competitive factors and the market situation facing the product or service are defined in the brief
The brief includes summary information on the target audience
Legal and ethical constraints on advertising the product or service are incorporated in the brief
The brief contains a budget allocation and schedule of activities which comply with the advertiser's requirements
Develop the creative brief
The creative brief identifies advertising content and is written in consumer language
The creative brief identifies a pitch or appeal for the product that meets the advertiser's requirements
The creative brief identifies supporting information that is required for consumer understanding of the product or service
The creative brief contains a budget for creative work that is consistent with the overall advertising budget
A deadline for creative work that is consistent with the overall advertising schedule is incorporated in the brief