Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBATSIM505, 'Control organisational finances'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Control organisational finances' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1 Establish a financial management structure
1.1 Establish a structure to undertake regular financial management responsibilities on behalf of the board
1.2 Document respective responsibilities of the board and management
1.3 Determine financial information required by the board from management
1.4 Seek advice on suitable financial management systems for the organisation
1.5 Identify relevant statutory requirements
2 Establish financial management processes and systems
2.1 Ensure appropriate policies and procedures are in place to open and operate necessary bank accounts
2.2 Identify approved signatories for bank accounts
2.3 Ensure authority and delegation between the board and management for management of finances are documented
2.4 Ensure statutory requirements on financial management are followed
2.5 Ensure duties of finance staff are documented
2.6 Ensure accepted procedures for receiving and expending funds are established and maintained by management
2.7 Ensure accepted systems for financial reporting are established and maintained
3 Sign contracts on behalf of the organisation
3.1 Ensure procedures for developing and documenting contracts are developed and followed
3.2 Identify people authorised to sign contracts on behalf of the organisation
3.3 Check proposed contractual arrangements are realistic for the organisation and in the organisationâ€™s and communityâ€™s best interests
3.4 Ensure contracts are signed according to organisational policies and procedures
4 Follow finance procedures specified by funding bodies
4.1 Seek variations to financial agreements from relevant funding bodies if required
4.2 Identify and follow purchasing and disposal procedures specified by funding bodies
4.3 Check requirements for finance documentation specified by funding bodies are met
5 Advise the community of the financial situation of the organisation
5.1 Identify type and content of financial information that can be made publicly available
5.2 Ensure financial information is made available to members as specified in the constitution
5.3 Present financial information at meetings in a clear and simple manner
6 Meet reporting requirements of relevant corporate authorities and funding bodies
6.1 Identify reporting requirements by relevant corporate authorities and funding bodies
6.2 Establish timelines to ensure financial statements are completed within timeframe required by relevant corporate authorities and funding bodies
6.3 Ensure auditor is appointed at annual general meeting
6.4 Review and evaluate financial statements to ensure they meet requirements
6.5 Check financial reports are submitted to relevant corporate authorities and funding bodies within required timeframe