Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBCMN404A, 'Develop teams and individuals'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop teams and individuals' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Determine development needs
Learning and development needs are systematically identified and implemented in line with organisational requirements
A learning plan to meet individual and group training and development needs is collaboratively developed, agreed to and implemented
Individuals are encouraged to self evaluate performance and identify areas for improvement
Feedback on performance of team members is collected from relevant sources and compared with established team learning needs
Develop individuals and teams
Learning and development program goals and objectives are identified to match specific knowledge and skill requirements of competency standards
Learning delivery methods are appropriate to the learning goals, the learning style of participants, and availability of equipment and resources
Workplace learning opportunities and coaching and mentoring assistance are provided to facilitate individual and team achievement of competencies
Development opportunities incorporate a range of activities and support materials appropriate to the achievement of identified competencies
Resources and timelines required for learning activities are identified and approved in accordance with organisational requirements
Monitor and evaluate workplace learning
Feedback from individuals or teams is used to identify and implement improvements in future learning arrangements
Outcomes and performance of individuals/teams are assessed and recorded to determine the effectiveness of development programs and the extent of additional development support
Modifications to learning plans are negotiated to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of learning
Records and reports of competency are documented and maintained within organisational requirements