Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBCOM401, 'Organise and monitor the operation of compliance management system'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Organise and monitor the operation of compliance management system' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1 Identify compliance roles and responsibilities
1.1 Confirm and interpret the compliance requirements applicable to the organisation
1.2 Examine the structure of the organisation to determine the roles, accountabilities and responsibilities of managers and operational staff in maintaining compliance within the organisationâ€™s planned compliance program/management system
2 Organise the operation of the compliance program/management system
2.1 Confirm the components of the planned compliance program/management system and clarify the proposed structures, procedures and budgetary arrangements for their implementation
2.2 Develop an implementation strategy and schedule for the establishment of the planned compliance program/management system in accordance with relevant Australian and international standards
2.3 Assign or acquire resources for the planned compliance program/management system in accordance with organisational procedures and policies
2.4 Arrange appropriate briefings and training to ensure relevant managers and operations staff are aware of their roles and responsibilities
2.5 Launch the compliance program/management system in accordance with organisationâ€™s plan
3 Monitor the operation of the compliance program/management system
3.1 Gather information on the operation of the compliance program/management system from appropriate sources
3.2 Review feedback and performance indicators on the operation of the compliance program/management system in terms of agreed criteria
3.3 Identify problems in the operation of the compliance program/management system and in particular any breach of compliance requirements and take appropriate action to address problems
3.4 Provide detailed compliance requirements in the case of breaches, initiate specific timely action and inform all relevant internal and external personnel through the established reporting systems
4 Document the operation and monitoring of the compliance program/management system
4.1 Prepare and disseminate information on the operation of the compliance program/management system to relevant internal and external personnel in accordance with the communication strategy for the compliance program/management system
4.2 Prepare and disseminate periodic reports on the operation of the compliance program/management system, identify any operational problems and take any related action to relevant internal and external personnel
4.3 Prepare and disseminate reports on any identified breaches of compliance requirements and take any related action to relevant internal and external personnel