Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBCOM404, 'Promote and liaise on compliance requirements, systems and related issues'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Promote and liaise on compliance requirements, systems and related issues' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1 Clarify compliance issues on which liaison is required
1.1 Confirm and clarify with relevant internal and external personnel, compliance issues requiring communication
1.2 Seek and/or obtain information during the liaison activity on applicable compliance requirements and related compliance program/management system and summarise in an appropriate format
1.3 Identify, source and interpret sections of relevant Australian and international standards in terms of processes to be followed for promotional and liaison activities
2 Identify the target groups for promotional or liaison activities
2.1 Using appropriate means, identify groups that need to be aware of the organisationâ€™s compliance program/management system or that may need to be contacted about compliance issues
2.2 Record information on identified target groups and store in an appropriate format for use in activities to promote the compliance program/management system
3 Identify contacts for liaison
3.1 Identify suitable contacts from own network or with the assistance of relevant internal and external personnel
3.2 Apply search techniques to establish the most suitable contacts for the liaison activities, where appropriate
4 Develop an action plan for the promotional and liaison activities
4.1 Access and review details of the organisationâ€™s compliance program/management system
4.2 List internal and external persons and organisations that need to be aware of specific aspects of the compliance program/management system in compliance management promotional and liaison activities
4.3 Prepare an action plan for the compliance management promotional and liaison activities in collaboration with relevant internal and external personnel
5 Assign resources for promotional and liaison activities
5.1 Prepare to implement the planned compliance management promotional and liaison activities and negotiate a suitable budget with authorised personnel for approval
5.2 Assign or acquire physical and human resources for the execution of the planned promotional and liaison activities, in accordance with the approved action plan
6 Communicate with identified contacts
6.1 Make initial contact with identified internal and/or external contacts using appropriate communication techniques
6.2 Ensure the requirements for seeking information are clearly explained and communicated
6.3 Apply effective interpersonal skills during all communication activities
6.4 Provide accurate and clear details in written, electronic or oral form using appropriate techniques in accordance with relevant internal and external requirements
6.5 Record details of communications conducted as part of compliance related promotional and liaison activities in an appropriate format
7 Manage promotional and liaison activities
7.1 Brief managers and personnel on their roles and responsibilities in the compliance management promotional and liaison activities
7.2 Monitor compliance management promotional and liaison activities against objectives, established performance criteria, milestones and budget targets
7.3 Take appropriate action to ensure promotional activities achieve the planned outcomes within project limits
8 Evaluate promotional and liaison activities
8.1 Collect data and performance indicators from appropriate sources, on the outcomes of compliance management promotional and liaison activities
8.2 Analyse collected evaluation data in terms of planned outcomes and performance criteria
8.3 Summarise the results of the promotional and liaison activities and document identified issues and related recommendations
9 Document promotional activities
9.1 Record, store and disseminate details of the execution of planned compliance management promotional and liaison activities in accordance with the organisationâ€™s policies and procedures
9.2 Prepare and submit reports on the compliance management promotional and liaison activities and ensure the outcomes are relevant to internal and external personnel
9.3 Refer recommendations on improvements to compliance management promotional and liaison activities to relevant managers for appropriate action
9.4 Organise and incorporate information on contacts established during compliance management liaison activities in an appropriate listing of contacts for future liaison activities