Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBCON601, 'Develop and maintain business continuity plans'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop and maintain business continuity plans' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1 Conduct risk and vulnerability assessments
1.1 Identify the relationship between corporate risk and organisationâ€™s business continuity management framework
1.2 Analyse and determine internal and external risk context by collecting information relating to the organisationâ€™s priorities, operations and environment
1.3 Analyse and identify potential internal and external sources of disruption to the organisationâ€™s priorities, operations and environment
2 Develop and report business impact assessment/s
2.1 Identify the organisationâ€™s critical business functions and its dependencies and interdependencies, and analyse and evaluate risks through business impact assessment/s
2.2 Develop risk and disruption scenarios through business impact assessment/s
2.3 Validate risk and disruption scenarios through business impact assessment/s
2.4 Analyse, validate and report on the outcomes of business impact assessment/s to management
3 Develop, implement and report risk treatments
3.1 Develop and implement risk treatments
3.2 Participate in risk treatment review
3.3 Report risk treatment review to management and relevant personnel
3.4 Update risk treatment review in line with feedback provided by relevant personnel
4 Determine interdependencies and develop response strategies
4.1 Develop the organisationâ€™s emergency response, continuity and recovery strategies
4.2 Consult and seek endorsement on organisationâ€™s emergency response, continuity and recovery strategies from management and other appropriate personnel
4.3 Identify and manage synergies and conflicts in resource availability and access in conjunction with management
4.4 Coordinate the organisationâ€™s emergency response, continuity and recovery strategies
5 Establish business continuity plan
5.1 Consult relevant personnel and seek support for the development of the organisationâ€™s business continuity plan/s
5.2 Ensure content of business continuity plan is comprehensive and meets, where applicable, requirements of regulations, standards, industry practice and geographical dispersion
5.3 Document and analyse feedback received through consultation and finalise business continuity plan
5.4 Demonstrate accountability for organisationâ€™s business continuity plan/s
6 Establish communication plan within organisationâ€™s planning framework
6.1 Identify stakeholders and determine objective and scope of communication plan for periods before, during and after disruptions occur
6.2 Determine organisationâ€™s communication capabilities in line with objectives and scope, and identify gaps and options for meeting shortfalls
6.3 Develop and implement across the organisation, appropriate risk and incident monitoring, reporting and escalation processes
7 Deliver business continuity professional development activities
7.1 Promote application of business continuity management framework and plan to all relevant personnel on an ongoing basis
7.2 Provide staff with appropriate information on cyclical review process of the business continuity management plan
7.3 Conduct business continuity management plan exercises in line with organisationâ€™s policies and procedures
7.4 Conduct post-exercise debriefs, complete post-exercise reviews and update business continuity strategies and plans as required
7.5 Manage and record staff learning and development on the business continuity management framework in accordance with organisational requirements, and framework policies and procedures
7.6 Report on the outcomes of staff learning and development, and business continuity framework exercises to relevant personnel