Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBCON701A, 'Establish and review the business continuity management framework and strategies'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Establish and review the business continuity management framework and strategies' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Establish business continuity management framework
1.1. Gain support for the business continuity management framework from relevant personnel
1.2. Demonstrate clear sponsorship, responsibility and accountability for the business continuity management framework
1.3. In consultation with others, establish governance structures for the business continuity management framework, in line with the size of the organisation
1.4. Determine and seek approval for resources required to implement the business continuity management framework
1.5. Support relevant personnel to implement the business continuity management framework
1.6. Establish a management system for the organisation's business continuity management program
1.7. Seek management approval of the organisation's business continuity management framework
2. Monitor the business continuity management framework and strategies
2.1. Develop an appropriate cyclical review process for monitoring the business continuity management framework
2.2. Provide relevant personnel with information relating to the cyclical review process for the business continuity management framework
2.3. Develop and seek approval of tools to verify and validate the business continuity management framework activities, processes and plans, appropriate to the organisation
2.4. Consult with relevant personnel about the implementation of the business continuity management framework
2.5. Monitor business continuity management framework learning, development and exercises across organisation
3. Review and evaluate the business continuity management framework and strategies
3.1. Review and analyse reports on business continuity management framework learning and development exercises
3.2. Review and analyse the organisation's communication strategy and implement changes
3.3. Review and update the overall business continuity management framework activities, processes, plans and resources according to results pre and post activation
3.4. Analyse and integrate the organisation's business impact assessment/s and identify dependencies and interdependencies if applicable
3.5. Implement and conduct business continuity management program audits