Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBCUE501, 'Develop business continuity strategy'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop business continuity strategy' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1 Evaluate impact of the situation on business operations
1.1 Evaluate immediate impact of situation on business operations
1.2 Identify business functions potentially impacted
1.3 Determine likely timing before normal operations will be restored
1.4 Define and agree with stakeholders on parameters (timings) that will determine employment of disaster recovery procedures
1.5 Liaise with and consult affected parties and stakeholders
2 Identify business critical functions
2.1 Determine business imperatives that must be addressed or continue
2.2 Consider practical options to maintain business critical operations
2.3 Consult all major stakeholders and agree on priorities
3 Develop plan to maintain business critical operations
3.1 Determine available back
3.2 Map how business critical functions can be continued using a modified approach
3.3 Evaluate resourcing requirements
3.4 Consider work, health and safety (WHS) requirements in formation of plan
3.5 Determine need for a communication plan to be developed and implemented, and document plan as required
3.6 Communicate plan to stakeholders
4 Develop plan to update enterprise systems or information when systems become available
4.1 Evaluate impact of modified operations on organisational information systems
4.2 Determine resources required to input manually collected data into systems and complete follow
4.3 Work with stakeholders to consider downstream impacts
4.4 Develop communication plan to ensure all stakeholders are informed of status
5 Evaluate organisational performance reports
5.1 Evaluate effectiveness of business continuity activities
5.2 Seek stakeholder feedback
5.3 Determine areas for improvement
5.4 Modify business continuity plan documentation incorporating improvement areas