Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBCUE503, 'Manage data interrogation'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage data interrogation' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1 Provide guidance to interrogate data
1.1 Identify information sources
1.2 Assist personnel to collect and record information according to legislation, policy and procedures
1.3 Assist personnel to collate, sort and analyse collected information in relation to purpose for which it is being obtained
2 Assist personnel to interrogate data
2.1 Identify information to be analysed and identify analysis methodology and analysis processes
2.2 Assist personnel to reduce and describe subject to support development of interpretations
2.3 Review appropriateness of reduced information according to organisational processes
2.4 Inform personnel how to archive information not used in reduction and description processes for future reference
2.5 Implement supervisory processes, checks and measures to ensure work is completed within time available
3 Provide suitable training and assessment opportunities
3.1 Identify learners' personal skill gaps
3.2 Provide appropriate on-the-job training opportunities to fill identified skill gaps and improve work performance
3.3 Provide opportunities for personnel to ask questions and seek clarification on training and work performance matters
3.4 Provide assistance to personnel to ensure compliance with organisational requirements and access suitable training and assessment