Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBDIV801, 'Conduct strategic diversity workforce planning'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Conduct strategic diversity workforce planning' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1 Research opportunities for workforce diversity
1.1 Review current organisational practices for recruiting, training, and promoting staff
1.2 Review current data on staff turnover, workforce demographics and local, regional and international population demographics
1.3 Identify and assess factors that affect current and future supply of workers
1.4 Assess opportunities for diversity within the organisation
1.5 Provide recommendations that support valuing and leveraging diversity to improve organisational practices and meet regulatory requirements
2 Develop diversity workforce objectives and strategies
2.1 Establish objectives to enhance diversity within the organisation, including considerations such as the modification or retention of the workforce to enhance inclusivity and training and development opportunities for all cohorts
2.2 Establish management strategies that support valuing and leveraging diversity
2.3 Communicate objectives and rationale to relevant stakeholders
2.4 Obtain agreement and endorsement for diversity objectives and establish targets
2.5 Improve overall organisational diversity practices by developing contingency strategies in areas of identified need, that incorporate unrepresented and underrepresented population cohorts
3 Implement initiatives to support diversity workforce planning objectives
3.1 Implement action to support agreed objectives that aim to increase opportunities for unrepresented or underrepresented population cohorts
3.2 Incorporate the need for skilled labour to meet organisational needs and the possible use of government labour market programs for training and development purposes into implementation initiatives
3.3 Implement strategies that leverage diversity to assist in meeting the organisation's workforce diversity objectives
3.4 Implement a succession planning system to ensure workers from diverse backgrounds are developed and retained
3.5 Implement appropriate programs, to ensure compliance with regulatory and ethical requirements
3.6 Implement programs that support valuing and leveraging diversity in the workplace
4 Monitor and evaluate workforce trends
4.1 Review workforce planning objectives against exiting employees, workforce changes and the local population
4.2 Monitor labour supply trends for areas of over or under supply in the external environment with a view to correcting cohort representational issues within the organisation's workforce
4.3 Monitor effects of labour trends on demand for labour
4.4 Refine objectives and strategies in response to internal and external changes and make recommendations in response to global diversity issues
4.5 Regularly review government policy on labour demand and supply, focussing on opportunities for unrepresented or underrepresented population cohorts
4.6 Evaluate effectiveness of change processes against agreed objectives in order to promote the leveraging of diversity in the workplace