Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBDIV802, 'Conduct strategic planning for diversity learning practices'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Conduct strategic planning for diversity learning practices' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1 Plan diversity learning strategy
1.1 Evaluate approaches to learning and workplace training against organisational strategic requirements that support valuing and leveraging diversity
1.2 Consult relevant stakeholders for ideas on strategic diversity learning requirements
1.3 Analyse and plan diversity learning strategy to support organisational and regulatory requirements
1.4 Analyse and plan technological and systems requirements for organisational diversity learning strategy
1.5 Analyse and align organisational diversity learning strategy with human resources and learning requirements
1.6 Provide learning recommendations that support how various diversity dimensions may affect individuals and their experiences; and inclusive social interactions
2 Design and develop organisational diversity learning strategy
2.1 Design organisational diversity learning and assessment strategy that focuses on valuing and leveraging diversity and meets instructor, learner and organisational strategic requirements
2.2 Develop diversity learning strategies to permit and promote responsiveness of the organisation to changed circumstances and priorities
3 Implement organisational diversity learning strategy
3.1 Implement diversity learning strategy that supports valuing and leveraging diversity and is appropriate to organisational and regulatory requirements
3.2 Validate organisational assessment methods and assessment tools consistent with learning and wider operational needs
3.3 Source diversity learning resources compliant with international, national, industry, workplace and regulatory requirements
4 Review organisational diversity learning and development
4.1 Develop procedures to liaise with diversity organisations, cohort organisations, educators, learners and other relevant stakeholders to monitor how well learning strategies and learning resources achieve diversity organisational learning targets
4.2 Monitor and incorporate national policy issues and system changes into organisational learning and development strategies and practices
4.3 Review policies and procedures for continuing relevance, operational effectiveness, forward thinking and to identify any gaps
4.4 Consult relevant stakeholders to ascertain the effect of strategic outcomes attained through diversity organisational learning strategy, and update policies and procedures accordingly
5 Improve diversity organisational learning strategy formation
5.1 Evaluate the entire implementation process of the diversity organisational learning strategy
5.2 Review performance of resources and people supporting the diversity organisational learning strategy implementation
5.3 Construct and present plans for improving the diversity organisational learning strategy