Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBEDU302, 'Assist in resolution of issues and incidents in an international education environment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Assist in resolution of issues and incidents in an international education environment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1 Contribute to issue resolution and incident response processes
1.1 Deal effectively with day
1.2 Identify and follow organisational policies and procedures for dealing with critical incidents
1.3 Contribute to the resolution of serious issues
1.4 Contribute to response processes in the event of critical incidents
1.5 Assess own responses and seek assistance if needed and as guided by supervisor, manager or external parties/professionals
1.6 Use appropriate initiative in the event of a critical incident, with due regard for own health and safety and that of others, and organisational requirements
1.7 Contribute to debriefing procedures after an issue/incident
2 Contribute information for distribution to those affected by issues and incidents
2.1 Identify types of information required to resolve issues and incidents
2.2 Collect and collate current, relevant information from appropriate sources
2.3 Maintain accessible files of current, relevant information
2.4 Develop and maintain an accessible comprehensive network contacts list
2.5 Review and update information on a regular basis
2.6 Record and report information, in accordance with legislative and regulatory compliance requirements and organisational procedures
3 Communicate effectively with those affected by issues and incidents
3.1 Assess situation according to organisational policy
3.2 Use communication strategies appropriate for individual situations, in line with organisational requirements
3.3 Communicate effectively with clients of the organisation and other relevant stakeholders when dealing with issues and critical incidents
3.4 Arrange access to counsellors or other support people if and when required
4 Contribute to records and team reports on issues and incidents
4.1 Establish sensitivity of information and level of confidentiality required, in reporting issues and incidents
4.2 Participate in team activities for assessing details of progress and outcomes of issues and incidents
4.3 Interact and consult with team members to record and report issues and incidents
4.4 Contribute to the debriefing process with teams and individuals including referring to network contacts as applicable
5 Contribute to development of organisational policies and procedures for the resolution of issues and incidents
5.1 Apply relevant organisational policies and procedures for the resolution of issues and incidents
5.2 Review organisational policies and procedures relevant to specific issues and incidents, with appropriate organisation officers
5.3 Suggest adjustments to organisational policies and procedures based on outcomes reports
6 Provide advice to clients in resolving issues and incidents
6.1 Establish or contribute to protocols and processes for resolving issues and dealing with incidents
6.2 Apply appropriate advisory processes according to individual client needs
6.3 Communicate processes to relevant stakeholders
6.4 Consult with relevant stakeholders to evaluate process outcomes