Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBEDU304, 'Assist with the provision of pastoral care services to international students'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Assist with the provision of pastoral care services to international students' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1 Identify pastoral care needs of international students
1.1 Identify potential pastoral care services requirements of student groups and individuals
1.2 Identify organisational risk management strategies in providing pastoral care services
1.3 Review organisational surveys of international student expectations and needs
2 Provide advice to international students to meet pastoral care needs, within role parameters
2.1 Identify limitations and parameters of own role in relation to pastoral care specialisations for international students
2.2 Apply cross
2.3 Refer students to personnel in pastoral care specialisations as applicable
2.4 Communicate information about international student support programs and services to students
2.5 Apply negotiation skills when dealing with difficult situations, in line with role and organisational requirements
2.6 Manage student information and records in compliance with privacy and confidentiality standards
2.7 Consult and debrief with work colleagues
3 Identify compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements, and organisational policies and procedures
3.1 Identify legislative and regulatory requirements for pastoral care services
3.2 Identify organisational policy and procedures for pastoral care services
3.3 Review organisationâ€™s compliance with education and training industry standards and codes for pastoral care services, and report in line with organisational procedures
3.4 Identify and propose adjustments to organisational pastoral care policies and procedures to meet the needs of international students, and report in line with organisational procedures
4 Communicate pastoral care services to clients and stakeholders
4.1 Identify appropriate external pastoral care services and document their contact and service details
4.2 Prepare information about pastoral care services for international students that identifies pastoral care specialisations and external pastoral care services
4.3 Disseminate information about pastoral care services to international students in appropriate formats
4.4 Communicate information on organisational policies and procedures to clients and stakeholders
4.5 Review and monitor access to information and uptake of pastoral care services by international students
4.6 Identify and propose improvements to communication processes, formats and strategies
5 Contribute to continuous improvement in pastoral care services
5.1 Record and maintain student case notes, in line with organisational requirements
5.2 Develop appropriate student support programs
5.3 Review student uptake of pastoral care services
5.4 Conduct student satisfaction surveys and make recommendations
5.5 Identify and propose improvements for access to and provision of pastoral care services