Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBEMS404, 'Manage the recruitment process for client organisations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage the recruitment process for client organisations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1 Provide advice on recruitment strategy to client
1.1 Provide advice and information to client on workforce planning and performance management systems and issues
1.2 Provide advice and information to client to assist in developing and/or evaluating a recruitment strategy and processes
1.3 Identify and determine effective and accurate performance indicators
1.4 Discuss and agree with client, recommendations for necessary assessments and profiling
1.5 Identify and analyse performance gaps as part of workforce planning
1.6 Evaluate forms, procedures and induction processes for continuous improvement
2 Determine job specifications with client
2.1 Undertake job analysis with client to determine needs and requirements for recruitment, in line with organisational recruitment strategy
2.2 Provide advice to client on issues such as salary, conditions and legislative requirements
2.3 Write clear and concise specifications which accurately reflect the job role within clientâ€™s organisation, and comply with relevant legislative requirements and organisational format
2.4 Confirm specifications with appropriate personnel prior to undertaking recruitment
3 Manage recruitment process
3.1 Develop a selection plan and criteria based on the job specification, performance gaps and organisational needs, in consultation with client
3.2 Write and place recruitment advertisements in relevant media in accordance with job specifications, organisational policy and legislative requirements
3.3 Employ strategies to source potential candidates
3.4 Organise and conduct job interviews and employment appraisals in accordance with organisational policy and legislative requirements
4 Assess and select candidates
4.1Judge information obtained from each candidate against specified selection criteria and note any additional influencing factors
4.2 Conduct assessment and selection process in accordance with organisational policy and legislative requirements
4.3 Shortlist suitable candidates for client interview
5 Refer candidates and complete placement process
5.1 Recommend candidates best suited to selection criteria to client for interview, and create and forward candidate profiles to client
5.2 Provide advice and support to candidates with rÃ©sumÃ© preparation, interview preparation and presentation to the client
5.3 Inform all candidates promptly and accurately of selection decisions
5.4 Conduct job offer to successful candidate
5.5 Complete placement follow up