Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBFIA501, 'Report on finances related to international business'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Report on finances related to international business' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1 Compile financial information
1.1 Identify financial information related to international business activity and separate it from domestic business activity for reporting and compliance purposes
1.2 Collect relevant current financial data, convert to currency used in report, and evaluate and code to ensure consistency, quality and accuracy in accordance with organisational requirements
1.3 Use conversion and consolidation procedures to compile analysis in accordance with organisational requirements
1.4 Make, record and disclose asset and liability valuations, in accordance with organisational requirements
1.5 Identify, resolve or refer discrepancies, unusual features or queries to the appropriate authority
2 Ensure compliance with relevant international finance regulations
2.1 Identify financial compliance requirements associated with international business activity for relevant international finance regulations
2.2 Access processes to ensure compliance with financial compliance requirements of relevant international finance regulations, from workplace policies and procedures, and relevant information sources
2.3 Record income and expenditure to ensure compliance with statutory requirements
2.4 Calculate liabilities for tax in accordance with relevant legislation
2.5 Identify relevant receipts, revenue documentation and payments correctly
2.6 Ensure statements and claims take full advantage of available benefits and allowances in accordance with statutory requirements
2.7 Submit statutory requirement reports to appropriate authorities within stated deadlines
3 Provide financial business recommendations
3.1 Derive recommendations logically and support with evidence in report
3.2 Ensure recommendations propose constructive actions to enhance the effectiveness and efficacy of functions and services related to international business activity
3.3 Ensure recommendations are concise and facilitate direction and control of organisationâ€™s international operations
3.4 Identify and prioritise significant issues in statements, including comparative financial performances, for review and decision-making
3.5 Ensure structure and format of reports are clear and conform to organisational and statutory requirements