Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBFIM801, 'Manage financial resources'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage financial resources' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1 Forecast future financial resource needs
1.1 Establish and report on the capacity of existing financial systems
1.2 Forecast financial data and business system requirements
1.3 Analyse forecasted requirements
1.4 Prepare and plan budget forecasts according to organisational and statutory requirements
1.5 Prepare and present recommendations for budget expenditure or for modification of existing projections
2 Analyse current asset performance and capacity
2.1 Analyse the costs of, and returns from, assets and liabilities using standard accounting techniques to identify extent of debt and equity financing
2.2 Establish management responsibilities and legal requirements for reporting, in consultation with relevant organisational staff
2.3 Analyse and interpret financial reports and key information
2.4 Analyse and evaluate the effects of financial decisions on the ability of the organisation to meet planned outcomes
3 Set business targets and compliance mechanisms
3.1 Collect comparative and trend information and confirm needs for future budget and associated resources
3.2 Complete negotiations to secure resources in accordance with relevant short
3.3 Allocate resources against the budget to maximise organisationâ€™s performance
3.4 Maintain accurate and up
3.5 Develop and review management systems which enable timely collection, management and processing of information
3.6 Complete and accurately report records of budget performance and expenditure according to organisational procedures and statutory requirements
3.7 Evaluate and improve budget audit mechanisms and compliance requirements as required
4 Manage financial risk
4.1 Identify and analyse financial risk factors
4.2 Document and manage financial risks according to organisational policies and procedures
4.3 Implement procedures to regularly review financial risk management activities
5 Monitor compliance with financial projections
5.1 Identify deviations from budgets that generate an adverse effect on budget objectives
5.2 Promptly develop action plans to remedy significant deviations from budget objectives and projections
5.3 Monitor and review financial documentation against organisational objectives
5.4 Revise and renew budget priorities to meet operational contingencies and risk management
5.5 Manage costs to targets set in the budget