Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBFLM306B, 'Provide workplace information and resourcing plans'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide workplace information and resourcing plans' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Locate relevant information
Information required by teams is located
Information held by the organisation is acquired and reviewed according to organisational procedures
Plans and procedures are carried out to obtain information which is not immediately available/accessible
Collect and report information
Collection of information is timely, and is adequate and relevant to the needs of teams
Information acquired is in a format suitable for analysis, interpretation and dissemination
Information is accessed to identify and report relevant trends and developments to relevant personnel, within the limits of own role
Use information systems
Management information systems are used effectively to store and retrieve data
Technology available in the work area is used to manage information effectively
Recommendations for improving the information system are reported to designated persons and/or groups
Support the preparation of business plan and/or budgets
The work team is involved in the initial preparation of business plans and/or budgets in a way which uses their contribution effectively and contributes to gaining support for the outcomes
Information to support the preparation of business plans and/or budgets is presented and recorded in accordance with the organisation's guidelines and requirements
Contingency plans are followed in the event that alternative action is required
Support the preparation of resource proposals
Resource planning data is collected in consultation with colleagues as required
Estimates of resource needs and use are reported as required according to organisational requirements
Resource requirements are processed within limits of own role