Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBFLM311B, 'Support a workplace learning environment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Support a workplace learning environment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Encourage a learning environment
Workplace learning opportunities are encouraged and supported
Learning plans are implemented as an integral part of individual and team performance plans
Learning plans are implemented to reflect the diversity of needs and learning opportunities
Individual and team access to and participation in learning opportunities is encouraged
Effective liaison occurs with training and development specialists and contributes to learning opportunities which enhance individual, team and organisational performance
Encourage and promote learning of team and individuals
Workplace activities are used as opportunities for learning, and team members are encouraged to share their skills and knowledge to encourage a learning culture within the team and organisation
Coaching and mentoring is encouraged and contributes effectively to the development of workplace knowledge, skills and attitudes
Team members are encouraged to assess own competencies, and to identify own learning and development needs
The benefits of learning are shared with others in the team and organisation
Workplace achievement is recognised by timely and appropriate recognition and feedback
Identify opportunities for improvement
Performance of individuals and teams is monitored to determine the type and extent of required work-based support
Feedback from individuals and teams is gathered to identify opportunities for improvements for future learning arrangements
Adjustments negotiated with training and development specialists result in improvements to the efficiency and effectiveness of learning
Records and reports of learning are documented and maintained within the organisation's systems and procedures