Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBFRA403, 'Manage relationship with franchisor'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage relationship with franchisor' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1 Establish relationship with franchisor
1.1 Identify the franchisorâ€™s representative/s or liaison person/s
1.2 Identify communication channels with the franchisorâ€™s representative/s or liaison person/s
1.3 Establish schedule of contact with the franchisorâ€™s representative/s or liaison person/s
1.4 Hold initial meeting with the franchisorâ€™s representative/s or liaison person/s to initiate ongoing relationship
1.5 Ensure participation in the franchisee advisory council meetings and relevant activities
2 Determine services available from franchisor
2.1 Consult with the franchisorâ€™s representative/s or liaison person/s to determine range of services available through the franchisor
2.2 Establish schedule for accessing services of the franchisor
2.3 Access services available through the franchisor according to schedule and as needs arise in the course of business operations
2.4 Maintain currency of information relating to services available through the franchisor
3 Implement strategies for meeting franchiseeâ€™s financial obligations
3.1 Identify franchiseeâ€™s financial obligations to the franchisor
3.2 Develop and implement strategies and procedures to meet franchiseeâ€™ financial obligations
3.3 Undertake planning to facilitate ongoing management of franchise
4 Resolve disputes with franchisor
4.1 Identify disputes with the franchisor and enter into negotiations with the franchisorâ€™s representative/s or liaison person/s in line with complaints handling procedure as described in the Franchising Code of Conduct
4.2 Seek assistance from third parties or mediators to facilitate resolution of disputes arising with the franchisor and in line with the complaints handling procedure
4.3 Resolve disputes and document courses of agreed action
4.4 Implement agreed courses of action to resolve disputes
4.5 Use lessons learned from disputes to guide future business operations and to facilitate positive relationships with the franchisor