Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBFRA404, 'Manage a multiple-site franchise'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage a multiple-site franchise' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1 Plan for managing multiple-site franchise
1.1 Determine strategies for managing multiple-site franchise operations in consultation with the franchisor and within the franchisorâ€™s multiple-site policy
1.2 Document policies and procedures to support strategies for managing a multiple-site franchise
1.3 Determine and obtain physical resources to manage a multiple-site franchise
1.4 Determine and document practices to manage a multiple-site franchise
1.5 Design duplicate management systems for each site of operation under a multiple-site operation
2 Appoint staff for multiple-site franchise
2.1 Select and recruit staff for a multiple-site franchise
2.2 Determine and communicate to all relevant parties, responsibilities and roles of supervisor or manager of site
2.3 Determine, document as an action plan, and implement learning needs of supervisors or managers
3 Implement plan for managing multiple-site franchise
3.1 Communicate and clarify policies, procedures and practices to manage a multiple-site franchise with supervisors or managers
3.2 Develop a monitoring plan for management of a multiple-site franchise
3.3 Delegate tasks to supervisors or managers and follow
3.4 Develop networks with other franchisees and multiple-site operators to inform best practice for multiple-site operation
3.5 Develop a review process for evaluating effectiveness and efficiency of management of a multiple-site franchise
3.6 Design and implement schedule of activities to manage a multiple-site franchise
4 Monitor multiple-site franchise
4.1 Monitor and implement plan for managing a multiple-site franchise
4.2 Seek feedback from franchisor on effectiveness and efficiency of management of a multiple-site franchise
4.3 Identify and act on required interventions from monitoring process
4.4 Provide feedback to managers or supervisors to guide efficient and effective management of franchise sites
4.5 Identify ongoing training needs for managers or supervisors and facilitate required training
5 Review management of multiple-site franchise
5.1 Implement review process for evaluating effectiveness and efficiency of management of a multiple-site franchise
5.2 Seek feedback and information from franchiser to inform review process
5.3 Identify improvements in management of sites from review process
5.4 Identify, communicate and implement improvements to managers or supervisors
5.5 Monitor effectiveness of improvements