Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBFRA501, 'Establish a franchise operation'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Establish a franchise operation' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1 Research feasibility of establishing a franchise operation
1.1 Undertake research into franchising models
1.2 Analyse existing business or planned concept to determine opportunity for expansion into franchise operation, seeking assistance as required
1.3 Undertake market research on product or service
1.4 Complete business plan for franchise operation
1.5 Complete marketing plan for franchise operation
1.6 Determine financial viability of proposed franchise operation
2 Plan for establishment of a franchise operation
2.1 Secure financial backing for franchise operation
2.2 Complete documentation of franchising operation according to legislative and regulatory requirements
2.3 Define and document the roles and responsibilities of franchisor and franchisees
2.4 Develop and document policies and procedures for franchisees and franchisors
2.5 Determine and document resources required to commence franchise operation
2.6 Develop and document recruitment, support and monitoring processes for franchise operation
3 Implement plan for establishment of a franchise operation
3.1 Undertake marketing of franchise operation
3.2 Identify franchisees and formalise agreements
3.3 Assist franchisees in developing a business and marketing plan
3.4 Obtain resources to implement franchise operation
3.5 Support and coordinate franchise operation
3.6 Monitor franchise operation in accordance with agreement
4 Review implementation process
4.1 Develop and implement a process to review the start-up of a franchise operation
4.2 Evaluate practices used in start-up to identify improvements
4.3 Implement identified improvements to all documented policies, procedures and practices