Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBFRA504, 'Manage relationships with franchisees'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage relationships with franchisees' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1 Establish relationship with franchisees
1.1 Establish franchisee advisory council and other communication channels to link franchisee and franchisor to inform best practice and support franchisees and franchise operations
1.2 Determine and implement own role on franchisee advisory council
1.3 Determine and clarify own role and responsibilities as franchisorâ€™s representative
1.4 Establish schedule of contact with franchisees
1.5 Hold initial meetings with franchisees to initiate ongoing relationships
1.6 Discuss and clarify roles and responsibilities of franchisor and franchisee with franchisees at initial meetings
2 Facilitate customer service provision to franchisees
2.1 Schedule and facilitate services to be provided to franchisees as per agreement
2.2 Negotiate and facilitate needs for additional services
2.3 Manage marketing or other cooperative funds according to documented agreements with franchisees
2.4 Resolve problems arising in service provision with franchisees in line with documented complaint handling procedures as specified in the Franchising Code of Conduct
2.5 Maintain currency of information relating to services provided through franchisor
3 Provide advice to franchisees
3.1 Monitor business activity of franchisees
3.2 Provide specific advice to franchisees through required training
3.3 Clarify requests for advice from franchisees and provide appropriate responses
3.4 Undertake research to inform advice to be provided
3.5 Provide timely, accurate advice in a manner that promotes acceptance of that advice
3.6 Ensure follow up with franchisee to ensure advice is understood and appropriate responses are made by franchisee
4 Review management of relationship with franchisees
4.1 Monitor relationships with franchisees for customer satisfaction
4.2 Review strategies and practices to manage relationship with franchisees to identify improvements
4.3 Implement identified improvements in managing relationships with franchisees