Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBFRA505, 'Manage closure of a franchise'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage closure of a franchise' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1 Investigate and implement alternatives to closure
1.1 Discuss, document and analyse reasons for closure with relevant stakeholders
1.2 Use lessons learned from previous franchise closures and potential franchise closures to arrive at alternative strategies
1.3 Research and negotiate alternative strategies to closure with franchisee and relevant third parties
1.4 Assess feasibility of transferring franchise to new franchisee
1.5 Implement, where feasible, alternative arrangements to closure including transfer
2 Determine roles and responsibilities in closure or transfer of franchisee
2.1 Determine roles and responsibilities of all parties in closure or transfer in line with the Franchising Code of Conduct
2.2 Negotiate process for effecting closure or transfer with relevant stakeholders and document in the form of a plan
2.3 Allocate responsibilities for effecting closure or transfer
2.4 Negotiate closing date or transfer date for franchise with relevant stakeholders
3 Implement plan for closure or transfer
3.1 Communicate closing date or transfer date for franchise to relevant stakeholders
3.2 Carry out disposal of assets according to plan or transfer them to new franchisee
3.3 Facilitate financial settlements with financial institutions or franchisorâ€™s financial officers or debt collectors
3.4 Implement arrangements for closure or transfer in consultation with customers
3.5 Dispose of intellectual property including client database according to agreement between franchisor and franchisee
3.6 Undertake checks to ensure the process for closure or transfer has been completed according to plan
4 Review implications for franchise operations
4.1 Analyse implications for franchise operations from review of closure or transfer
4.2 Identify and recommend improvements to franchise operations and management of franchises