Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBHRM405, 'Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1 Plan for recruitment
1.1 Obtain approval to fill position, clarify time lines and requirement for appointment
1.2 Assist in preparing job descriptions that accurately reflect the role requirements, according to organisational policies and procedures, legislation, codes, national standards and work health and safety (WHS) considerations
1.3 Consult with relevant personnel about job descriptions and workforce strategy
1.4 Assist in ensuring that job descriptions comply with legislative requirements and reflect the organisation's requirements for a diverse workforce
1.5 Obtain approvals to advertise position
2 Plan for selection
2.1 Choose appropriate channels and technology to advertise vacancies and/or identify potential talent pool
2.2 Advertise vacancies for staffing requirements according to organisational policies and procedures
2.3 Consult with relevant personnel to convene selection panel and develop interview questions
2.4 Assist in ensuring that interview questions comply with legislative requirements
2.5 Assist in short-listing applicants
2.6 Schedule interviews and advise relevant people of times, dates and venues
3 Support selection process
3.1 Participate in interview process and assess candidates against agreed selection criteria
3.2 Discuss assessment with other selection panel members
3.3 Correct biases and deviations from agreed procedures and negotiate for preferred candidate
3.4 Contact referees for referee reports
3.5 Prepare selection report and make recommendations to senior personnel for appointment
3.6 Advise unsuccessful candidates of outcomes and respond to any queries
3.7 Secure preferred candidate's agreement
3.8 Complete necessary documentation according to organisational procedures, observing confidentiality and privacy requirements
4 Induct successful candidate
4.1 Provide successful candidate with employment contract and other documentation
4.2 Advise manager and work team of new appointment
4.3 Advise managers and staff of candidate's starting date and make necessary administrative arrangements for pay and employee record keeping
4.4 Arrange successful candidate's induction according to organisational policy