Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBHRM501, 'Manage human resource services'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage human resource services' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1 Determine strategies for delivery of human resource services
1.1 Analyse business strategy and operational plans to determine human resource requirements
1.2 Review external business environment and likely impact on organisation's human resource requirements
1.3 Consult line and senior managers to identify human resource needs in their areas
1.4 Review organisation's requirements for diversity in the workforce
1.5 Develop options for delivery of human resource services that comply with legislative requirements, organisational policies and business goals
1.6 Develop and agree on strategies and action plans for delivery of human resource services
1.7 Agree and document roles and responsibilities of human resource team, line managers, and external contractors
2 Manage the delivery of human resource services
2.1 Develop and communicate information about human resource strategies and services to internal and external stakeholders
2.2 Develop and negotiate service agreements between the human resource team, service providers and client groups
2.3 Document and communicate service specifications, performance standards and timeframes
2.4 Identify and arrange training support if required
2.5 Agree on, and arrange monitoring of quality assurance processes
2.6 Ensure that services are delivered by appropriate providers, according to service agreements and operational plans
2.7 Identify and rectify underperformance of human resource team or service providers
2.8 Identify appropriate return on investment of providing human resource services
3 Evaluate human resource service delivery
3.1 Establish systems for gathering and storing information needed to provide human resource services
3.2 Survey clients to determine level of satisfaction
3.3 Capture ongoing client feedback for the review processes
3.4 Analyse feedback and surveys and recommend changes to service delivery
3.5 Obtain approvals to variations in service delivery from appropriate managers
3.6 Support agreed change processes across the organisation
4 Manage integration of business ethics in human resource practices
4.1 Ensure personal behaviour is consistently ethical and reflects values of the organisation
4.2 Ensure code of conduct is observed across the organisation, and its expectations are incorporated in human resource policies and practices
4.3 Observe confidentiality requirements in dealing with all human resource information
4.4 Deal promptly with unethical behaviour
4.5 Ensure all persons responsible for human resource functions understand requirements regarding their ethical behaviour