Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBHRM513, 'Manage workforce planning'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage workforce planning' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1 Research workforce requirements
1.1 Review current data on staff turnover and demographics
1.2 Assess factors that may affect workforce supply
1.3 Establish the organisation's requirements for a skilled and diverse workforce
2 Develop workforce objectives and strategies
2.1 Review organisational strategy and establish aligned objectives for modification or retention of the workforce
2.2 Consider strategies to address unacceptable staff turnover, if required
2.3 Define objectives to retain required skilled labour
2.4 Define objectives for workforce diversity and cross-cultural management
2.5 Define strategies to source skilled labour
2.6 Communicate objectives and rationale to relevant stakeholders
2.7 Obtain agreement and endorsement for objectives and establish targets
2.8 Develop contingency plans to cope with extreme situations
3 Implement initiatives to support workforce planning objectives
3.1 Implement action to support agreed objectives for recruitment, training, redeployment and redundancy
3.2 Develop and implement strategies to assist workforce to deal with organisational change
3.3 Develop and implement strategies to assist in meeting the organisation's workforce diversity goals
3.4 Implement succession planning system to ensure desirable workers are developed and retained
3.5 Implement programs to ensure workplace is an employer of choice
4 Monitor and evaluate workforce trends
4.1 Review workforce plan against patterns in exiting employee and workforce changes
4.2 Monitor labour supply trends for areas of over
4.3 Monitor effects of labour trends on demand for labour
4.4 Survey organisational climate to gauge worker satisfaction
4.5 Refine objectives and strategies in response to internal and external changes and make recommendations in response to global trends and incidents
4.6 Regularly review government policy on labour demand and supply
4.7 Evaluate effectiveness of change processes against agreed objectives