Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBIND301, 'Work effectively in an educational environment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Work effectively in an educational environment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1 Develop and maintain knowledge of Australian education system and sectors
1.1 Identify and apply knowledge of Australian education system and its sectors
1.2 Identify potential student pathways between different sectors
1.3 Identify types of programs and qualifications available in different sectors
1.4 Apply knowledge of educational programs and services offered in a specific educational organisation
1.5 Determine relationship of educational support job roles to structure and functions of a specific organisation, and to related job roles in the organisation
1.6 Apply knowledge of educational terminology and acronyms used in a specific education sector
2 Perform education job role tasks effectively
2.1 Identify and carry out educational support job roles and responsibilities
2.2 Apply values of the organisation
2.3 Identify and follow organisational work procedures, protocols and other guidelines
2.4 Comply with legislative and regulatory compliance requirements and related organisational policies and procedures
2.5 Improve own performance and career opportunities by identifying and participating in learning and development activities related to identified needs
3 Work effectively with diversity in an educational context
3.1 Apply an awareness of culture as a factor affecting behaviour of students, clients and colleagues
3.2 Conduct all work
3.3 Communicate effectively and respectfully with students, clients and colleagues from diverse cultures and with diverse abilities
4 Practise inclusivity in an educational context
4.1 Identify factors promoting access and equity in an educational organisation and educational support job role
4.2 Recognise factors potentially impacting educational access and equity
4.3 Apply awareness of access and equity issues to requirements of specific educational support job role