Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBINM303, 'Handle receipt and despatch of information'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Handle receipt and despatch of information' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1 Receive and distribute incoming mail
1.1 Check and register incoming mail to ensure accuracy of records
1.2 Process court documents according to firmâ€™s policies and procedures
1.3 Process original documents according to firmâ€™s policies and procedures
1.4 Process served documents according to firmâ€™s policies and procedures
1.5 Identify and ensure understanding of titles and locations of company personnel and departments
1.6 Identify and promptly distribute urgent and confidential mail to addressee
1.7 Sort mail and despatch to nominated person/location
1.8 Record damaged, suspicious or missing items and report promptly where necessary
2 Receive and despatch outgoing mail
2.1 Collect outgoing mail from each section of the firm, check and sort all items to ensure they are correctly prepared for despatch
2.2 Determine most appropriate delivery method and select appropriate envelopes and address correctly
2.3 Process outgoing mail correctly
2.4 Record mail in register
2.5 Sort mail according to carrier
2.6 Despatch mail using most appropriate delivery method
2.7 Despatch mail to meet designated timelines
3 Collate and despatch documents for bulk mailing
3.1 Estimate quantities/resources/time to complete bulk mailing of documents correctly
3.2 Collate documents as required
3.3 Sort envelopes and batch in accordance with specifications
3.4 Employ bulk mail interstate satchels where appropriate
3.6 Lodge batched items in time for delivery by relevant carrier
4 Organise urgent and same day deliveries
4.1 Weigh, package and address items for urgent delivery
4.2 Determine and select cheapest and best option for urgent delivery
4.3 Conduct a follow