Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBLDR806, 'Lead and influence ethical practice'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Lead and influence ethical practice' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Embody and model ethical values
1.1 Consistently demonstrate a commitment to the professionalism, ethical values and principles of the organisation in personal dealings within and on behalf of the organisation
1.2 Develop and maintain a high level of expertise related to ethics and standards
1.3 Interpret complex ethical matters and provide advice to resolve them in accordance with legislative, industry codes of practice and organisational standards
1.4 Report and encourage dealing with suspected unethical conduct confidentially and promptly
2. Embed ethical practice into the organisation's culture and processes
2.1 Identify strengths, weaknesses and threats to ethical conduct in the organisation through analysis of industry, state, national and international trends and develop strategies to act on them in accordance with enterprise and industry practice
2.2 Analyse management and accountability structures in the organisation and put strategies in place to ensure continuous improvement
2.3 Influence the development and review of policies and procedures to include and address ethical considerations
2.4 Develop and promote frameworks for ethical decision-making and policy setting
2.5 Analyse and develop policies and procedures to allow individuals to safely report breaches of ethical conduct and for remedying breaches of ethical conduct
3. Promote ethical leadership and decision making at all levels of the organisation
3.1 Foster dialogue on organisational values and ethics with and between staff to develop a strong understanding of and commitment to organisational standards
3.2 Provide leadership and guidance to empower individuals and the organisation to address ethical issues
3.3 Identify and refer organisational patterns, trends and issues that require ethical consideration by managers and staff for action
3.4 Promote and support leadership programs that promote ethical and values-based behaviour according to organisational requirements and the individual needs and capabilities of staff