Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBLED802, 'Lead learning strategy implementation'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Lead learning strategy implementation' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Provide leadership to learning strategy formation
1.1 Evaluate approaches to learning and workplace training against organisational strategic requirements
1.2 Analyse the contribution of organisational learning to competitiveness, and confirm with key stakeholders
1.3 Examine and review options for deploying quality policies and processes in organisational learning
1.4 Analyse and plan requirements for an organisational learning strategy to support organisational strategic and policy requirements
1.5 Analyse and plan technological and systems requirements for an organisational learning strategy
1.6 Analyse and align organisational learning strategy with human resources and learning requirements and plans
2. Design and develop organisational learning strategy
2.1 Design organisational learning strategy to achieve instructor, learner and organisational strategic requirements
2.2 Include relevant units of competency, modules from accredited courses or non
2.3 Develop flexible organisational learning strategies to permit and promote responsiveness of the organisation to changed circumstances and priorities
2.4 Design and develop learning and assessment strategies to support organisational strategic requirements
2.5 Establish processes and procedures for allocating and managing resources and staff, required to implement organisational learning strategy
2.6 Structure compliant assessment and recognition policies and processes appropriate to organisational strategic requirements
2.7 Structure procurement and supply policies and processes appropriate to organisational strategic requirements
3. Implement organisational learning strategy
3.1 Implement organisational learning strategy appropriate to organisational requirements
3.2 Validate organisational assessment methods and assessment tools consistent with learning and wider operational needs
3.3 Source learning resources compliant with specific international, national, industry and workplace needs
3.4 Review policies and procedures for continuing relevance, operational effectiveness and to identify any gaps
3.5 Systematically evaluate strategic outcomes attained through organisational learning strategy and update policies and procedures accordingly
4. Review organisational learning and development
4.1 Develop procedures to systematically liaise with educators, learners and others to monitor how well learning strategies and learning resources achieve organisational learning targets
4.2 Monitor and incorporate national policy and system changes into organisational learning and development strategies and practices
4.3 Modify or design learning strategies and learning resources to support implementation of improved learning policies and procedures
5. Improve organisational learning strategy formation
5.1 Evaluate end
5.2 Review performance of resources and people supporting organisational learning strategy implementation
5.3 Construct and present plans for improving organisational learning strategy formation