Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBLED807, 'Establish career development services'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Establish career development services' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Apply career development standards
1.1 Research contemporary career development theories, models, frameworks and strategies for specific context and target group
1.2 Analyse codes of professional conduct and career development standards, and how they can be applied in work practice
1.3 Apply regulatory requirements, policies, guidelines, standards and resources
1.4 Plan for and undertake ongoing personal professional development
1.5 Apply career development standards to all aspects of work role
1.6 Establish and maintain relationships with professional peers and service providers
2. Plan for career development services
2.1 Apply career development theories in preparation to work with specific target groups
2.2 Analyse career development needs of specific target groups
2.3 Plan for support systems and resources required to provide high-quality career development service delivery in specific context and for target group
2.4 Apply effective action-planning skills in career development counselling services
2.5 Establish ongoing professional and follow
3. Implement career development services strategies
3.1 Develop strategies for career development services to reflect contextual needs and aspirations of specific target group
3.2 Encourage individuals to commit to, and access, career development services
3.3 Establish mechanisms to follow
3.4 Implement strategies to ensure records storage, security and privacy in accordance with professional and organisational requirements
3.5 Establish referral procedures and contacts
4. Review career development services delivery strategies and plans
4.1 Review career development services and service delivery strategies against plans and standards, and identify any gaps
4.2 Advocate for target group and individual career development needs and choices
4.3 Determine strategies to improve quality of career development services
4.4 Discuss alternative career development strategies with key stakeholders