Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBMGT402, 'Implement operational plan'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement operational plan' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Implement operational plan
1.1 Collate, analyse and organise details of resource requirements in consultation with relevant personnel, colleagues and specialist resource managers
1.2 Implement operational plans to contribute to the achievement of organisationâ€™s performance/business plan
1.3 Identify and use key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor operational performance
1.4 Manage contingencies by adjusting the implementation of the operational plan in consultation with others
1.5 Provide assistance in the development and presentation of proposals for resource requirements in line with operational planning processes
2. Implement resource acquisition
2.1 Recruit and induct employees within organisationâ€™s policies, practices and procedures
2.2 Implement plans for acquisition of physical resources and services within organisationâ€™s policies, practices and procedures and in consultation with relevant personnel
3. Monitor operational performance
3.1 Monitor performance systems and processes to assess progress in achieving profit/productivity plans and targets
3.2 Analyse and use budget and actual financial information to monitor profit/productivity performance
3.3 Identify unsatisfactory performance and take prompt action to rectify the situation according to organisational policies
3.4 Provide mentoring, coaching and supervision to support individuals and teams to use resources effectively, economically and safely
3.5 Present recommendations for variation to operational plans to the designated persons/groups and gain approval
3.6 Implement systems, procedures and records associated with performance in accordance with organisationâ€™s requirements