Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBMGT404A, 'Lead and facilitate off site staff'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Lead and facilitate off site staff' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Facilitate off site work outcomes
1.1. Clarify roles and responsibilities of off-site work supervisors with management and off-site staff
1.2. Provide leadership and direction to off-site staff to foster independent self-managed work practices that address agreed outcomes in terms of quality and milestones
1.3. Ensure that work objectives for off-site staff are linked to measurable targets and include agreed timeframes
1.4. Use participative, transparent decision making to review work allocation responsibilities of off-site staff and related on-site staff
2. Support off site staff
2.1. Provide guidance to off-site staff to establish and maintain a supportive working environment in accordance with legal and organisational requirements
2.2. Assign key personnel/mentors to support off-site staff and to provide a link between off-site staff and the organisation
2.3. Establish and maintain effective working relations between on-site staff and off-site staff through regular meetings and other occasions used to build organisational culture and values
3. Manage off site staff performance
3.1. Plan and conduct regular meetings to determine individual progress, identify needs, clarify and solve issues, and provide networking opportunities
3.2. Evaluate performance against agreed goals and targets, and address in accordance with organisational policy and practice
3.3. Address problems in work performance through constructive solutions identified with off-site staff
3.4. Ensure evidence relating to performance is valid, documented and evaluated to identify learning and development requirements