Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBMGT505A, 'Ensure a safe workplace'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Ensure a safe workplace' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Establish and maintain an Occupational Health and Safety system
Occupational health and safety policies are developed which clearly express the organisation's commitment to implement relevant Occupational Health and Safety legislation in the enterprise
Occupational Health and Safety responsibilities for all workplace personnel are defined to allow implementation of Occupational Health and Safety policies, procedures and programs
Financial and human resources for the effective operation of the Occupational Health and Safety system are identified and provided
Information on the Occupational Health and Safety system and its operational procedures is provided and explained to employees
Establish and maintain participative arrangements for the management of Occupational Health and Safety
Participative arrangements are established and maintained with employees and their representatives in accordance with relevant Occupational Health and Safety legislation
Issues raised through participative arrangements and consultation are dealt with and resolved promptly and effectively in accordance with procedures for issue resolution
Information about the outcomes of participation and consultation is provided in a manner accessible to employees promptly
Establish and maintain procedures for identifying hazards, and assessing and controlling risks
Procedures for ongoing hazard identification and assessment &; control of associated risks are developed
Hazard identification is addressed at the planning, design and evaluation stages of any change in the workplace to ensure that new hazards are not created by the proposed changes
Procedures for selection and implementation of risk control measures in accordance with the hierarchy of control are developed and maintained
Inadequacies in existing risk control measures are identified in accordance with the hierarchy of control and resources enabling implementation of new measures are provided promptly
Establish and maintain a quality Occupational Health and Safety management system
An Occupational Health and Safety induction and training program is developed and provided for all employees as part of the organisation's training program
A system for Occupational Health and Safety record keeping is established and maintained to allow identification of patterns of occupational injury and disease in the organisation
Measurement and evaluation of the Occupational Health and Safety system is undertaken in line with the organisation's Quality Systems' framework
Improvements to the Occupational Health and Safety system are developed and implemented to achieve organisational Occupational Health and Safety objectives
Compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety legislative framework is assessed to ensure that legal Occupational Health and Safety standards are maintained as a minimum