Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Moodle 1.9 template
- A moodle 1.9 course with content placeholders for the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in columns headings to check that all performance criteria have been covered.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- this is the source material provided by training.gov.au, transformed into the useful formats found on this site :-)
- mark up the unit in a wiki format, ready to copy and paste into a wikispaces wiki page.
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you for 'Facilitate continuous improvement'? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBMGT516A, 'Facilitate continuous improvement'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Facilitate continuous improvement' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
- Resource Links
- I tried writing some AI to extract important words and phrases from the unit and link them to wikipedia articles and other relevant online resources. Sometimes this routine was more A than I, but on the whole I'm happy with the results.
- Questions and Answers
- Look for relevant questions and answers about the subject on Yahoo. Again, this was an automated process, and some of the results are a bit odd. I'm still undecided about how useful this function is, so I'll be tinkering with it for a while yet.
- create a wordle tag cloud from the unit's elements, performance criteria and range statement, then capture the screen - ready to include as an image in your online course or handouts.
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Lead continuous improvement systems and processes
1.1. Develop strategies to ensure that team members are actively encouraged and supported to participate in decision making processes, and to assume responsibility and exercise initiative as appropriate
1.2. Establish systems to ensure that the organisation's continuous improvement processes are communicated to all stakeholders
1.3. Develop effective mentoring and coaching processes to ensure that individuals and teams are able to implement and support the organisation's continuous improvement processes
2. Monitor and adjust performance strategies
2.1. Develop strategies to ensure that systems and processes are used to monitor operational progress and to identify ways in which planning and operations could be improved
2.2. Adjust and communicate strategies to all stakeholders according to organisational procedures
3. Manage opportunities for further improvement
3.1. Establish processes to ensure that team members are informed of outcomes of continuous improvement efforts
3.2. Ensure processes include documentation of work team performance to aid the identification of further opportunities for improvement
3.3. Consider areas identified for further improvement when undertaking future planning