Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBMGT616, 'Develop and implement strategic plans'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop and implement strategic plans' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Confirm organisational vision and mission
1.1 Check with stakeholders that organisational vision and mission are still held to be current and are supported
1.2 Make any changes or refinements to vision or mission statement as required
1.3 Review or develop organisational values to support the vision and mission statement
1.4 Gain support for strategic planning process from all relevant stakeholders
2. Analyse the internal and external environment
2.1 Determine information requirements and undertake or commission research to deliver relevant information
2.2 Analyse political, economic, social, and technological developments in a global context
2.3 Seek advice from appropriate experts wherever necessary
2.4 Identify and consider strengths and weaknesses of existing and potential competitors and allies
2.5 Analyse organisationâ€™s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
2.6 Consider cooperative ventures that are supported by risk and cost benefit analyses, are consistent with the organisational vision, mission and values and provide for due diligence
2.7 Check that analysis of internal and external environment is consistent with the perspectives of other informed people
3. Write strategic plan
3.1 Document relevant research and background for inclusion in the strategic plan
3.2 Formulate strategic objectives and strategies needed for the future
3.3 Detail each strategy with an assigned priority, a timeframe, responsible parties and measurable performance indicators
3.4 Circulate strategic plan for comment, support and endorsement
4. Implement strategic plan
4.1 Communicate strategic plan to all relevant parties
4.2 Brief people with a specific role in relation to strategies
4.3 Use performance indicators to monitor progress in implementing plan
4.4 Make necessary refinements to plan
4.5 Evaluate achievement of objectives at agreed milestones
4.6 Review effectiveness of plan and consider methods for improving strategic planning processes