Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBMKG413A, 'Promote products and services'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Promote products and services' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Plan promotional activities
1.1. Identify and assess promotional activities to ensure compatibility with organisational requirements
1.2. Plan and schedule promotional activities according to the marketing needs of the organisation
1.3. Determine overall promotional objectives in consultation with designated individuals and groups
1.4. Ensure that time lines and costs for promotion of activities are realistic and consistent with budget resources
1.5. Develop action plans to provide details of products and services being promoted
2. Coordinate promotional activities
2.1. Ensure personnel and resources to support promotional activities are identified and prepared to facilitate the achievement of promotional goals
2.2. Identify and agree roles and responsibilities for delivery of promotional services and allocate to relevant personnel
2.3. Establish and conduct relationships with targeted groups in a manner which enhances the positive image of the organisation
2.4. Use networks to assist in the implementation of promotional activities
3. Review and report on promotional activities
3.1. Analyse audience feedback and data to determine the impact of the promotional activity on the delivery of products and services
3.2. Assess effectiveness of planning processes to identify possible improvements in future activities
3.3. Collect feedback and provide to personnel and agencies involved in promotional activity
3.4. Analyse costs and time lines to evaluate the benefits accruing from the promotional activities
3.5. Prepare conclusions and recommendations from verifiable evidence and provide constructive advice on future directions of promotional activities