Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBMKG414B, 'Undertake marketing activities'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Undertake marketing activities' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Research marketing information
1.1. Research the concept of marketing as it applies to the organisation
1.2. Identify and analyse organisation's marketing plan and relevant policies and procedures
1.3. Identify need for marketing activities from the established marketing plan
1.4. Investigate previous marketing activities for relevant information
1.5. Identify profile of the market segment
1.6. Identify positioning and market mix for each target segment
1.7. Identify outcomes expected from marketing activities
2. Plan marketing activities
2.1. Undertake analysis of collected basic marketing information
2.2. Develop and document work activity plans for marketing activities
2.3. Obtain approval of plans from relevant enterprise personnel
3. Implement marketing activities
3.1. Determine and access resources required for work activities
3.2. Undertake marketing activities within job role
3.3. Assist with assigning responsibilities and functions to relevant personnel performing specific marketing functions
3.4. Monitor marketing activities, and review and amend activity plan as required
4. Review marketing activities
4.1. Measure and record outcomes of marketing activities
4.2. Review marketing activities against expected outcomes and record identified improvements
4.3. Prepare reports of marketing activities and communicate to relevant enterprise personnel