Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBMKG507A, 'Interpret Market Trends And Developments'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Interpret Market Trends And Developments' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Interpret trends and market developments
1.1. Use statistical analysis of market data to interpret market trends and developments
1.2. Analyse market trends and developments for their potential impact on the business
1.3. Use measures of central tendency or dispersion and correlations between sets of data for quantitative interpretation of comparative market data
1.4. Perform qualitative analysis of comparative market information as a basis for reviewing business performance
1.5. Analyse the market performance of existing and potential competitors and their products or services, to identify potential opportunities or threats
2. Analyse qualitative results
2.1. Analyse performance data from all areas of the business to determine success of marketing activities
2.2. Identify over-performing and under-performing products and services to be considered for redevelopment or withdrawal
2.3. Forecast existing and emerging market needs based on information available using forecasting techniques
3. Report on market data
3.1. Prepare, plot and interpret data for visual presentation
3.2. Assess visual presentation for potential problems, and take any necessary corrective action
3.3. Report on analysis of market data to meet organisational requirements in terms of content, format, level of detail and scheduling