Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSZ401A, 'Plan assessment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Plan assessment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Establish evidence required for a specific context
The evidence required to infer competency from the industry/enterprise competency standards, or other standards of performance, is established for a specified context
Relevant unit(s) of competency is read and interpreted accurately to identify the evidence required
Specified evidence requirements: , assure valid and reliable inferences of competency, authenticate the performance of the person being assessed and confirm that competency is current
Sufficient evidence is specified to show consistent achievement of the specified standards
The cost of gathering the required evidence is established
Establish suitable assessment method(s)
Assessment methods are selected which are appropriate for gathering the type and amount of evidence required
Opportunities to consolidate evidence gathering activities are identified
Allowable adjustments in the assessment method are proposed to cater for the characteristics of the person(s) being assessed
Develop assessment tools appropriate to a specific assessment context
An assessment tool is developed to gather valid, reliable and sufficient evidence for a specific assessment context
The assessment tool is designed to mirror the language used to demonstrate the competency in a specific context
Clear instructions (spoken or written) are prepared including any adjustments which may be made to address the characteristics of the person(s) being assessed
The assessment tool is checked to ensure flexible, fair, safe and cost-effective assessment to occur
Trial assessment procedure
Assessment methods and tools are trialed with an appropriate sample of people to be assessed
Evaluation of the methods and tools used in the trial provides evidence of clarity, reliability, validity, fairness, cost effectiveness and ease of administration
Appropriate adjustments are made to improve the assessment method and tools in light of the trial
Assessment procedures, including evidence requirements, assessment methods and tools, are ratified with appropriate personnel in the industry/enterprise and/or training organisation where applicable