Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSZ404A, 'Train small groups'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Train small groups' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare for training
Specific needs for training are identified and confirmed through consultation with appropriate personnel
Training objectives are matched to identified competency development needs
Training approaches are planned and documented
Training is conducted in a safe and accessible environment
Training delivery methods are selected appropriate to training participant(s) needs, trainer availability, location and resources
Strategies and techniques are employed which facilitate the learning process
Objectives of the training, sequence of activities and assessment processes are discussed with training participant(s)
A systematic approach is taken to training and the approach is revised and modified to meet specific needs of training participant(s)
Provide opportunities for practices
Practice opportunities are provided to ensure that the participant achieves the components of competency
Various methods for encouraging learning are implemented to provide diverse approaches to meet the individual needs of participants
Participants are encouraged to self evaluate performance and identify areas for improvement
Participants' readiness for assessment is monitored and assistance provided in the collection of evidence of satisfactory performance
Training is evaluated in the context of self-assessment, participant feedback, supervisor comments and measurements against objectives
Training details are recorded according to enterprise and legislative requirements
Results of evaluation are used to guide further training