Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCAD603B, 'Provide systems advocacy services'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide systems advocacy services' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Obtain, analyse and document information relevant to the needs of clients as a community of interest within the general community
1.1 Obtain and analyse relevant documented information about particular issues
1.2 Obtain and analyse relevant statistical and research data
1.3 Conduct consultations with consumers, carers, and other stakeholders to identify and describe issues of concern
1.4 Conduct other research as appropriate
1.5 Synthesise relevant information into forms appropriate for communicating with, and providing to, relevant agencies and stakeholders
2. Work with consumers, service users, services and other stakeholders to develop strategies to address identified needs
2.1 Develop and maintain close working relationships/ networks with relevant stakeholders
2.2 Organise formal meetings, working groups and other activities to develop policy statements, action plans, projects, and programs to address identified needs
2.3 Participate in meetings, working groups and other activities aimed at developing relevant strategies
2.4 Prepare strategic/action/project plans in forms that are appropriate to the needs and roles of relevant stakeholder organisations
3. Advocate for, and facilitate the implementation of, strategies developed to address the needs of clients with specific needs
3.1 Identify and pursue relevant opportunities for communicating formally and informally about the needs of clients
3.2 Prepare submissions for resources to implement identified projects and action plans
3.3 Where appropriate, contribute to relevant government policy development
3.4 Work with consumers and other stakeholders to implement relevant projects and action plans
3.5 Pursue opportunities and provide comments on policy documents, legislation, project plans and other relevant documents regarding the needs of clients