Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCAOD411A, 'Provide interventions for people with alcohol and other drug issues'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide interventions for people with alcohol and other drug issues' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Prepare for intervention
1.1 Obtain information about the intervention from the treatment plan
1.2 Determine client availability according to organisation protocols
1.3 Determine availability of appropriate space and resources, if required
1.4 Plan the intervention, in line with the needs of the person with AOD issues and specifications of the treatment plan
2. Conduct intervention
2.1 Confirm the person's understanding of the intervention
2.2 Obtain informed consent from the person before commencing the intervention
2.3 Report any misunderstanding or confusion experienced by the person to a supervisor in a timely manner
2.5 Guide the person to participate in the intervention as defined in the treatment plan
2.6 Identify and note any difficulties the person experiences completing intervention requirements and report to supervisor in a timely manner
2.7 Identify and manage compliance issues, including subjective and objective reporting of the person's response to the intervention, and report to supervisor in a timely manner
2.8 Provide feedback to the person to reinforce their understanding of intervention and progress
2.9 Seek assistance when the person presents with needs or signs outside limits of own authority, skills and/or knowledge
2.10 Report difficulties of the person with AOD issues to supervisor for advice before continuing the planned intervention
3. Report and document information
3.1 Provide progress feedback to supervisor
3.2 Report difficulties and concerns of the person to supervisor in a timely manner
3.3 Implement variations to the intervention according to the instructions of supervisor
3.4 Document information about the intervention according to the organisation's protocols
3.5 Use appropriate terminology to document consumer response, outcomes and identified problems related to the intervention