Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCCED311A, 'Provide sexual and reproductive health information to clients'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide sexual and reproductive health information to clients' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Maximise personal effectiveness
1.1 Participate in personal and professional development activities to ensure own attitudes and values are identified
1.2 Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of own values and attitudes on client service delivery
1.3 Participate in appropriate skills development activities
1.4 Develop and implement strategies which enable delivery of a service to clients that ensures attitudes and values are not imposed on clients
1.5 Demonstrate acceptance of human rights and responsibilities in line with own work role
2. Employ appropriate techniques with clients
2.1 Ensure all interactions with clients demonstrate respect and dignity for their rights
2.2 Employ a range of non-verbal and verbal techniques to ensure own attitudes and values are not communicated to or imposed on clients and clients feel their attitudes and values are respected
2.3 Provide referrals in situations where own personal and professional abilities do not match client needs
2.4 Apply an appropriate model of sexuality development in assessing clients needs
2.5 Provide information about relevant legal issues in appropriate situations
2.6 Operate in accordance with legal obligations to ensure compliance with duty of care obligations
2.7 Develop and implement strategies which facilitate clients to express their own attitudes and values
3. Provide information about sexual and reproductive health
3.1 Undertake planning to ensure client needs will be met by the information to be provided
3.2 Provide sexuality information in a non-judgemental way
3.3 Ensure clients are provided with appropriate information which is age and culturally appropriate
3.4 Routinely evaluate the effectiveness of the information offered and review approach and activities accordingly
3.5 Provide appropriate and relevant resources and materials to maximise effectiveness of information and ensure clients are provided with accurate information to enable them to maintain their sexual health